How To Get Back Pain Relief Without Painkillers, Injections or Surgery!
If you have back pain, stiffness, or an ache – it can be tempting to think it’s no big deal and that it’ll go away on its own. Sometimes it’s a result of an injury. But other times, there may be no apparent reason. You might think you “slept in a weird position,” or that it’s just a “muscle spasm.” Maybe you feel stiff because “everyone” does at some point.
If you’re experiencing back pain or stiffness, you’re not alone. We hear this type of thing all the time. Lower back pain is THE most common problem that we see in our physical therapy clinic in Brooklyn.
And when it comes to living with back pain, here’s what everybody we see wants to know …
"I don't understand, why am I in pain?
"I've been dealing with back pain for months (maybe years), why am I still suffering from this?"
Lots of people think that their back pain will go away on its own.
They hope that they wake up one morning, and the back pain will just be gone. But then one year later, you’re still living with constant back pain, and it’s even worse than when it first started.
Does that sound familiar?
Another situation we hear about all the time in our physical therapy clinic is how a patient’s Doctor told them to “take painkillers” and “take it easy.”
This is rarely the best advice, and they end up going back to the doctor a few weeks later because there has been no improvement. Often the next course of action is a prescription for stronger pain pills and more rest. This is absolute insanity and explains why so many athletes and people who used to be active are suffering with chronic back pain.
Has This or Something Similar Happened To You?
Why isn’t your back pain going away? It’s not your fault. You’ve been told different things by a bunch of different people. Lot’s of people out there are giving advice that isn’t credible.
Even the doctors who are supposed to know what they’re doing keep on prescribing stronger pain pills, steroid injections, or push surgery that isn’t necessary.
This often leads to people accepting their situation because “it’s just part of my life now; not much I can do” or “this just happens as we get older” – as if this is the new normal.
Do You Feel That Way?
If You’re Living With Back Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Might Be Lasting Longer Than It Should
If you experienced any of the above, we would love to help you! Your situation is not hopeless, and you don’t just have to accept it! We invite you to book a call to talk with us at our Physical Therapy Clinic in Brooklyn. The fact that some of the things mentioned above have already happened does have a silver lining … You know what doesn’t work, and you’re closer to discovering the thing that does!
Please click the link below to book a call with us. The phone consultation is free of charge, and there is no obligation to book any appointments. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about your best options on how to get better and back to doing what you love – fast!
"What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Back Pain Quickly?"...
Well, here’s 4 things you can do:
- The first thing is that you need to make a decision about getting help. There so many people that procrastinate because they think that back pain will “go away on its own given enough time.” But then 6 months later nothing has changed, or it got worse.
- Do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help relieve your back pain is to do the right types of stretches and progressive exercises. At the same time, doing the wrong exercises can aggravate your back even more, so you have to be careful who you’re getting advice from. The specific exercises given to you by a physical therapist will help reduce pain and stiffness. This means that you’ll be moving and getting back to your active life – quickly. The right exercise plan will also help make sure the problems don’t come back anytime soon.
- Avoid sitting and long periods of rest – has your back ever felt painful or tight after you get out of bed or get off the couch after a long movie or Netflix binge? That’s because rest and sitting for a long period of time can actually aggravate the back and make it painful, stiff, or tight. Doing the right strengthening exercises, stretches, and getting hands-on treatment can help you get active again. It’ll also help you feel a lot more comfortable on those days when you do want to hang out on the couch.
- You need to get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy treatment. Physical Therapy is proven to help people with low back pain. It’s one of the most common injuries we see at Project Physical Therapy. If your back pain is affecting your ability to stay active, do sport, excel at your hobbies and activities, or threatens your career – physical therapy can help you get back to living the life on your terms as quickly as possible.
Note: This Free Discovery Visit is something we offer to people who are unsure about Physical Therapy. If you’re nervous, skeptical, or just unsure how physical therapy will benefit you, please start with this discovery visit. We will work to find out what’s wrong and how we can fix it – without any risk on your part.
Your next question might be:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Project Physical Therapy Help You Get Rid of Your Back Pain…In the Next Few Days?”
Here are just a few things our Physical Therapy Team can do for You:
- We can take away pain and stiffness – fast. Usually in just a couple of sessions.
- We will do a thorough examination to find out what’s really going on so that we can get to the root cause of your back pain – often within 20 minutes.
- Pain can suck all the energy out of you and then block you from a good night’s sleep. We’ll help you sleep better and have more energy each day so you can get your life back.
- We’ll make sure your problem is “corrected” and healing properly. Then we’ll provide you with the custom tailored set of exercises and/or stretches that will help speed up your recovery.
- We can help you put an end to taking painkillers that can cause more damage and aren’t good for your health long term.
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s office and from making repeat visits only to be prescribed stronger painkillers.
- We can help you avoid dangerous surgery or steroid injections.
- We can help you get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning as you try to find that one position that feels comfortable.
- We can help you get back to the sports and hobbies that back pain has stolen from you.
- We can help you to walk, run, and sit comfortably for more than 15 minutes without your back feeling weak or like it’s about to “break down.”
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of chronic back pain. Our physical therapy clinic is also equipped with the latest PEMF therapy that can help relieve your back pain and recover even faster.
Our physical therapy clinic also provides telehealth and online physical therapy sessions that are an excellent way to get rid of all kinds of pain from the comfort of your home or office.
If you’d like to learn more about pricing – and what availability our physical therapists have, please just click the button below and complete the short form.