Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Physical Therapy
If you’ve been diagnosed with hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) or Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder (HSD), it can be extremely overwhelming.
For so many people, just getting the diagnosis was a huge ordeal. Going from doctor to doctor with seemingly “unrelated” health issues… Tests coming back as “normal”…frustrating isn’t even the right word for it.
But then you FINALLY find a doctor or physical therapist who understands what might be happening and you get a diagnosis of EDS. Now what… Well now begins a lifetime of treatments, potential surgery, and modifying your lifestyle to accommodate your diagnosis… While that may be the “traditional” approach. At Project Physical Therapy, we take a different view of things.
Yes, it’s true that there is no cure for EDS but that doesn’t mean you need to give up or live a “lesser life.” If you have EDS or HSD, you’re not alone, and there are things you can do to live an AMAZING life.
When it comes to living with EDS, here’s what everybody wants to know ….
"I don't understand, why am I always in pain?
"What can I do so that EDS doesn’t control my entire life"
Many people we speak with have been to many doctors and medical facilities, and they’re just exhausted.
They hope they wake up one morning and their EDS symptoms will improve. But one year later, you’re still living with constant pain, and it’s even worse than before.
Does that sound familiar?
Another situation we hear about all the time in our physical therapy clinic is how a patient’s Doctor will just try to “manage” their symptoms, and not do much to help you grow beyond your current pain and limitations.
EDS can present with a host of different symptoms. While some need to be “managed,” there could be other things that will help you reduce pain AND also help you get back to hobbies, activities, and a lifestyle that you want!
Has This or Something Similar Happened To You?
Why haven’t you started feeling better yet? It’s NOT YOUR FAULT. You’ve been given so much advice, and much of it might be conflicting.
Even the doctors who are supposed to know what they’re doing may be prescribing medication or pushing surgery that isn’t necessary. This often leads to people just accepting their situation because:
“There is no cure for EDS, and there’s nothing I can do about it,” or “I just have to accept that my pain will never go away, and I can’t do these things anymore.”
Do You Feel That Way?
If You’re Living With Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, Here Are 7 More Reasons Why You Might Still Be in Pain and Limited in Your Daily Life
If you experienced any of the above, we’d love to hear from you! Being diagnosed with EDS or Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder is not hopeless! If anything you read here resonated with you, there is a silver lining … You know what doesn’t work, and you’re much closer to finding the thing that does!
Please click the link below to request a Free Discovery Session. This is a chance for you to speak one on one with our EDS Physical Therapist and see if it’s the right fit for you. There is no obligation to book anything. Our goal is to give you options and help you make the right decision so that you can get rid of pain and get back to doing what you love!
Note: This Free Discovery Visit is something we offer to people who are unsure about Physical Therapy. If you’re nervous, skeptical, or just unsure how physical therapy will benefit you, please start with this discovery visit. We will work to find out what’s wrong and how we can fix it – without any risk on your part.
Your next question might be:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Project Physical Therapy Help You Get Your Life Back…Even Though You Have EDS
Here are just a few things our Physical Therapy Team can do for You:
- We can help significantly reduce or eliminate pain.
- We will do a thorough examination to find out what’s really going on so that we can create the best plan that works for you and your goals!
- Pain can suck all the energy out of you and then block you from doing daily tasks, hobbies, and even sleeping. We’ll help you sleep better and have more energy each day so you can get your life back.
- We’ll make sure we have a custom tailored plan to get EDS under control. This includes providing you with the exact set of exercises and/or stretches that will help speed up your recovery.
- We can help you put an end to taking painkillers that can cause more damage and aren’t good for your health long term.
- We can help you stay active longer and out of the Doctor’s office as much as possible.
- We can help you avoid unnecessary and dangerous surgery.
- We also know that in some cases, surgery is necessary. When your entire EDS team is onboard and behind your decision to get surgery, we’re here to help you recover and start progressing again as soon as possible.
- We can help you get back to the sports, activities, or hobbies that EDS has stolen from you.
We can help you get back to living life free from the curse of EDS.
Our physical therapy clinic also provides telehealth and online physical therapy sessions that are an excellent way to get rid of all kinds of pain from the comfort of your home or office.
To learn more about whether Project Physical Therapy is the right fit for you. Sign up for one of our free discovery sessions!